Today’s digital world has enabled us to juggle work, study and play.
You can study in any school from anywhere in the world without the need to visit the school physically.
However with many courses available online, some people still prefer to study on campus.
When deciding to study online or on campus there are important factors you need to keep in mind such as how tight your schedule is, your age, commitment, resources among others.
Below is a comparison that will help you choose whether to study at home or on campus
Studying on campus
Studying on campus means that you will be physically going to school to attend classes.
Classes are often made up of study groups, lab work, lecturers, classes etc. below are some of the major benefits of studying on campus
· Social interaction- As opposed to studying at home, studying on campus can help you interact more with your teachers and peers.
You can network and get involved in extra curricula activities that will help you beyond your school life
· One on one by instructors- On campus studying gives you the chance to get face to face attention and instruction from your instructor.
· Access to school resources- From the school library, free campus internet, sports activities, you get access to numerous free facilities from your school
· Involvement- Studying on campus will give you the opportunity to get involved with the projects and activities on campus.
Studying at home
This mode of study involves relying solely on the internet for your studies and materials.
Your lecturer will give you a schedule that is best suited for you and post study materials and tools online where you can log in access anytime of the day. Below are the main benefits of studying online
· Flexibility- Studying at home gives you the ability to choose the most convenient time and schedule to attend classes.
You can choose to attend evening, morning or afternoon online courses. In addition you can work while you work or do other things.
· Convenience- You do not have to be in a specific place to study.
You can attend classes in a cyber, home, restaurant etc.
You don’t need to go physically to school to study.
· Availability of online schools to choose from- There are hundreds of accredited schools u can choose to study from.
Unlike studying on campus where you can either study locally or travel abroad to get the course you want, studying online gives you access to a variety of schools to choose from.
· Comfortable learning environment- Studying at home will give you the ability to choose the most comfortable environment to study in.
You can study at home in a quiet and serene environment.